Welcome 6th grade students and parents to my website! This page features important information about homework, test dates, and project due dates and requirements. You will also find interesting links to websites about our current units of study. Check back regularly for updates and enjoy!

Argenziano School Focus: I read to understand. I write to be understood. Vocabulary shows me the way.

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A Belated Happy Pi Day!

I forgot to wish everyone a Happy Pi Day yesterday, so have a belated Happy Pi Day! 
Why Pi Day?  See the first million digits of pi here:  One Million Digits of Pi

Pi represents the relationship between a circle’s diameter (its width) and its circumference (the distance around the circle).
Outline of a Circle and its Diameter


Equations that use Pi

Area of a Circle       Area of a Circle

Volume of a Cylinder     Volume of a Cylinder

Check out these fun activities, all centered around Pi: