Welcome 6th grade students and parents to my website! This page features important information about homework, test dates, and project due dates and requirements. You will also find interesting links to websites about our current units of study. Check back regularly for updates and enjoy!

Argenziano School Focus: I read to understand. I write to be understood. Vocabulary shows me the way.

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Homework 9/20

Math 6A/6B:
No homework

Science 6A/6B:
Complete the vocabulary boxes for our four new terms:  cell, tissue, organ, organ system

In case you have forgotten what you need to do, here are the instructions.
For each vocabulary word:
- Draw a picture (must be neat and colorful).
- Write a definition.
- Use it in a sentence, and underline (or highlight) the word where you have used it in the sentence.
- Color in the number at the top right, which shows how well you understand the meaning of the word.  As discussed in class, this is what the categories mean: 
4 = I understand the word, can use it in a sentence, and can explain it to someone else.

3 = I understand the word and can use it in a sentence.
2 = I understand the word, but am having trouble coming up with a sentence for it.
1 = I don't understand the word yet, but wrote down Ms. Fuezery's suggestion.

Here is an example of what your work should look like:

***Don't forget that tomorrow is an early release day, so you get out at noon!***